[This page needs some housekeeping. Perhaps in the new year it can happen. 11/09]
- The Lost Tools of Learning – This is where your study of classical education must start
- CBN video on classical education – Very good
- What is classical education? – The super-summary
- Association of Classical and Christian Schools – I’m not a member, but they have a lot of good info.
- Veritas Press – Doug Wilson says that if they don’t have it, you are probably in sin for wanting it in the first place. Great resources page.
- Memoria Press – A great Latin program
- Readings in classical education
- Gregg Strawbridge article
- Christian Logic
- Jim Berg – Sanctification and counseling resources
- Camp CoBeAc
- MACS – Michigan Association of Christian Schools
- Vision Forum – Some good family resources
- Summit Ministries — A comprehensive resource for all things worldview…very helpful…lots of free resources.
- Shephered Press — Books for the home
Resources I Use
- CyberHymnal – This is why we have internet. It’s worth the cost of the most expensive internet service provider.
- Amazon.com – Amazing selection and very good prices
- BestBookBuys – The way that comparative book shopping is done
- Scripture Truth – Great prices/selection is a bit limited/excellent service
- Abe Books – For the hard to find books
- eBay – The world is your marketplace
- Hotwire – As good as advertised
- TripAdvisor – Go there before you go there
- Vision Forum – Some excellent tomes in their catalog
- e-Sword – An AMAZING array of free Bibles and Bible helps
- Bartelby – A super-comprehensive source for quotations (especially from literature and history).
- Wikipedia – An all-encompassing resource for finding facts of all varieties. I’ve been using this to get demographics for research, but it is basically a large, editable, free, online encyclopedia. The problem with the site is that it’s subject to majority rule and is very subjective, but I’ve not run into problems in the uses I’ve had for the site.
Periodicals to Which I Subscribe
- World Magazine – The only weekly newsrag with a Christian bent
- Sword and Trowel – Quarterly started by Spurgeon/Comes with a free book
- Frontline Magazine – I just started getting this in May
- Biblical Worldview – I subscribe the school to this and read it when I can
- Credenda/Agenda – I hate it! I love it! I can’t understand it! I want to imitate parts of it! It’s perplexing! It’s comforting! It’s apalling! It’s encouraging!
- WordMP3 – A huge number of audio resources on varied topics
- Sermon Audio – From Spurgeon and Edwards to Paisley and Minnick — the definitive site
- Christian History Institute – I haven’t spent a lot of time here, but I’ve used it as a reference in the past
- The Spurgeon Archives – A truly astounding number of sources related to Spurgeon
Things to do if you’re bored
- EarthView – Can you see your house from here?
- Famous Birthdays – Who shares your birthday?
- IQ Test – Self-explanatory
- ReformerWare – Because the coffee mug from your waste service company just isn’t as hip as it could be
- VidaCare – My wife’s second cousin invented this amazing product getting worldwide attention
- All Newspapers – Bring the world to your computer screen
And if you’re really bored…